For a week I completed the daily challenge listed and felt accomplished and productive! The junk drawer was de-junked and the cupboard was mostly free of junk food. I took several bags of clothes to give away. I cleaned out a couple kitchen cupboards so that things didn’t fall on my head when opening it.
So today I’m hoping you’ll decide to follow suit with a few cleaning projects that will help you make healthier eating choices and be mentally de-cluttered and motivated.
Here are some specific things to clean out of your pantry:
- Get rid of salty junk food - chips crackers etc
- Get rid of sugary sweets - cookies cakes candy
- Get rid of soda
Here are a few examples of things to get at the grocery so you have good choices available:
- Fresh fruits and fresh or frozen veggies
- Brown rice or quinoa
- Skim milk or soy, almond milk
- Low fat or fat free condiments and dressings or better yet make your own!
- Olive oil and apple cider vinegar
- Lemons and limes and fresh mint
- Low fat string cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese
- Seeds and Nuts esp walnuts and pistachios
- Chicken, fish, turkey
Here are some things to clean out, throw away or sort for a less cluttered house and mind:
- Old clothes, shoes and coats
- Kitchen cupboards
- Junk drawer
Result? You feel de-stressed, more focused and limits the times you have to say NO to yourself because the “bad” foods are out of sight and out of mind. The de-cluttering also limits the stress of constantly seeing messes that ultimately leave you feeling overwhelmed and defeated.
Even though I didn’t complete the full 30 day de-clutter challenge, I still try to clean up or organize even one small thing most days. It certainly helps me stay on track and I hope it will do the same for you!